To keep your candles in the best shape, it's essential to practice safety precautions while burning. Here are our suggestions for utilizing your wood wick candle:
• Trim your wood wick to 1/4" each time before lighting
• Pinch off burnt part of wooden wick after each burn
• Burn candles only on level fire resistant surfaces, away from drafts + flammable items
• Do not leave burning candles unattended
• Do not let your candle burn for more than 4 hours at a time
Your initial burn is very important to how your candle will behave for each consecutive use! Once you light your candle, you should keep it lit until it achieves a full melt pool (meaning that the entire surface of your candle should be in liquid form). If this doesn't occur, your candle will develop a "burn tunnel" and will not burn correctly. This can and will significantly can cut down on its lifespan!